i2i Program Description:
i2i: What R U Looking 4TM is a program created by teens just like you to promote healthy, respectful, nonviolent dating relationships among tweens and teens, ages 11 to 14.
Roles and Responsibilities:
As an i2i Ambassador, you’ll help teach younger teens in your community how to form healthy and respectful relationships and inform them about what can lead to dating violence. Please note the i2i Ambassadors do not provide counseling to other youth.
During the 2013/2014 school year, each i2i Ambassador will:
- Attend all scheduled training(s), meetings, and special events
- Help plan for and host at least three events during the school year
- Generate and manage conversation for the i2i social media campaign (ie. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram)
- Attend 2 – 4 meetings a month – as determined by the i2i Program Manager
- Help monitor the success of the program
- Receive up to $500 in gift cards for their participation
- Must attend one of the following high schools (Blanche Ely, Boyd Anderson, Coconut Creek, Deerfield Beach, Dillard, Hallandale, Hollywood Hills, McArthur, Northeast, Piper, South Broward)
- Must be between the ages of 15-18
- Have a Minimum GPA of 2.0
To Apply: Fill out the attached application and email or mail application along with your creative component (essay, video, poem, etc.) and a copy of your report card by Friday, October 11th , 2013. There are nine openings available. Selected candidates will participate in a face to face interview with the i2i Program Lead and Ambassadors (dates to be determined).
In your own words please tell us why you want to be an i2i Ambassador. This can be in the form of a poem, essay, video or any creative way you want to express yourself.
For more information please contact Heidi Vaniman, i2i Program Lead, at 954.467.4700 ext 4043 or email@example.com
i2i Ambassador Application
First Name: ________________________ Last Name: _______________________ Age: _____
Address: _______________________________________________________Gender: M / F
City: __________________________State: __________________Zip code: ________________
Phone (1): ___________________________ Phone (2):___________________________
Name of High School: ____________________________________
Do you have a minimum 2.0 GPA or higher? : ____Yes ____No
List all extracurricular activities you participate in and/or any skills or talents you may possess (i.e photography, art, public speaking etc.)______________________________________________________
Do you have your own transportation? ____Yes ____No
If yes, would you be able to assist in the transportation of other local i2i Ambassadors to attend meetings, trainings or events? ____Yes ____ No
Supplemental Documents (include with application):
- Copy of most recent report card
- Creative Component (Essay, poem, video, etc.)
Before submitting your application, make sure everything on the following checklist is included:
____ This completed application form
____ Copy of report card
____ Creative component
Mail applications to:
Florida Department of Health – Dating Matters
Attn: Heidi Vaniman
780 S.W. 24th Street, Admin Bldg.
Fort Lauderdale, FL33315
Student Signature: __________________________________________ Date: _________________
Parent/Guardian Consent: I ________________________ authorize _____________________ to
Print Name Print Child’s Name
participate in the i2i Ambassador program.
Parent/Guardian Signature: ___________________________________ Date: _________________